Life just doesn't seem to slow down these days. I have hopes that at some point in the future it will slow down but I have this feeling that it never will. It's good. Don't get me wrong. I just feel like we have been running non-stop the past few months and I'm not sure how much we have to show for it.
I do have these pictures to prove part of why I've been so busy. Every spare moment I could find the past couple of months during nap time or after the kiddo had gone to bed I spent sewing these two quilts for Nate's siblings that are getting married this summer.
I kind of made the patterns up. I knew that I didn't have tons of time to piece an intricate quilt so I did big pieces of fabric. The first one is a log cabin pattern that I did 4 big blocks. The other one is more random - although I did have somewhat of a method to my madness. These are my first large quilts - in the past I have only done baby quilts. It definitely took more time but I really like how they both turned out. My amazing mother helped me quilt them on her amazing quilting machine. And by my mom helped me quilt them, I mean I stood there and watched as she told the machine (hooked to a computer) what to do. I don't know how people take the time to hand quilt. I think it's great don't get me wrong - I just wouldn't have the patience. Modern technology is great!
4 comments:
I hear you; Sometimes I look forward to things slowing down, "once we get this done..." and then life happens! :) I think that's great you're making time to quilt! I've recently taken up quilting too, and I love it; just hard to squeeze it in. Your mom has a long arm quilter? I didn't know that. Awesome!
Well, I need to meet up with you someday, now that I live close. We'll have to coordinate our busy summer somehow...
Those are so beautiful! I love the fabric! You are so talented!
Dee, I am so impressed!! Those are amazing. You are my hero!
Great job on the quilt!! I know what you mean, it seems like there isn't enough time in the day to get things done!
Post a Comment