Today I had a doctor appointment in Provo. Please no jumping to conclusions - just a yearly checkup. I just haven't gotten the courage to find a new doctor closer to home. I decided to go check out the bookstore while I was down there. We go to Provo for the football games; however, Nate thinks it is a game to get home fast and beat all of the traffic so we don't ever stick around. It was so weird being on campus again. I used to tease my mom because whenever she'd come down she'd say that so much has changed since she was at
BYU - but I have to say in just two years a lot has changed since I was down there! The new alumni building is huge and they've started construction on expanding the Tanner building, my home away from home. I felt so OLD as I walked around!! So many of the students are so young! I kept thinking I would see someone I know, but I didn't see one familiar face. I used to run into someone I knew practically everywhere on campus. So many memories came flooding back to me. I walked into the Wilkinson Center by
Jamba Juice where Alyse and I used to get a
Jamba Juice after our aerobics class. The smell of the Cougar Eat reminded me of when I would reward myself for a long day of studying on campus with a wrap or rice bowl. I even had to grab a copy of the Daily Universe just for old times sake.
Today reminded me of how grateful I am that I decided to go to BYU and stick it out. My first semester wasn't the greatest and I was very close to transferring at the end of the semester as my roommates will attest. I am so glad that I didn't. I learned so much while I was there about the world, the gospel, and myself. I would have missed out on so many great friends and memories. Plus I would never have met Nate and for that I am eternally grateful!
I thought I'd post an old picture of a group hanging out at the Riv!
1 comment:
Why does Nate look so sad?
Post a Comment