Finally we got some time off of work and got out of town. Nothing major but the change of scenery was much needed. We headed down south to Zion National Park to do a little camping and hiking and then to St. George for a little R&R. We had a lot of fun in Zion. Perfect weather, not too hot, not too cold. We had fun hiking and enjoying all of the beautiful scenery. The highlight of Zion was on one of the hikes we went on. It ended on the top of a cliff where you can look back up into the canyon or out into the city of Springdale. It was a really pretty lookout spot. While we were looking around we heard a loud crash and looked across the canyon and saw a big rock slide coming down. (Only a little unnerving being hundreds of feet above the canyon with rocks falling and at least a half an hour away from being safely on the ground!!!) It was literally perfect timing. I'm sure rocks fall like this every once in a while - but it was a nice reward for hiking up the mountain and to have such a show put on for us by mother nature.

St. George was good - especially because of the nice warm shower! Neither of us had spent any extended amount of time there. It's usually just a pitstop on the way to Vegas. We went to a play at Tuacahn and enjoyed the outdoor theater. The rest of the time we just spent relaxing and enjoying having some time off from work.
Now it's back to reality. Thanks to all of those excessive banking holidays we still have a few days off before heading back to the grind. Nate always teases me and says, "Who celebrates Columbus Day?" and I always explain to him that I do. I celebrate by not going to work! Happy Columbus Day!
1 comment:
Woohoo! I'm so glad you have entered the blogging world! I would love it if you came by. Just give me a call! (I won't be leaving the house for awhile...so anytime is a good time!)
Post a Comment