Well I've finally done it. I dropped from 40 hours to 30 hours at work. I've wanted to do so ever since I've started working, but could never really justify it. We finally felt like we were at a point where it wouldn't make a huge difference. I still get benefits, I just don't acrue vacation hours as quickly. It's tough seeing my paycheck lower; however, I take comfort in the fact that I make more at 30 hours than I did when I first started out at 40 hours! Plus it all comes down to the fact that I am in a much better mood about everything. It ends up being an extra day off every week. Take this week for instance... Monday was a paid holiday - Happy President's Day! :), Tuesday (today) is my day off, Wednesday I go in from 12-6, Thursday I go in from 12-6, Friday I work all day (9 1/2 hours), and Saturday I have the day off. That's right I only work 3 out of 6 possible days of work. I love it!! I have something to look forward to insteady of 5 full days of work. I've tried to be more productive around the house. I have a plan to tackle some of the deep cleaning that I never really felt like getting around to do. I figure if I break it down and tackle one thing at a time there's a possibility it might actually get done. I'm also trying to be better about taking care of myself. I also have a few craft projects that I've started that I plan to finish. My biggest challenge is going to be staying away from the stores so I don't spend my time spending more money!
Other than that we have no exciting news in our lives. Thus the lack of exciting posts this month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
good for you Wendee! That must feel AMAZING!!
That is awesome news. I remember doing the same thing and it is amazing how much of a difference it makes! Congrats!
Post a Comment