5.12.2009

To work or not to work?

I posted previously about whether I should work or be a stay at home mom. I decided to go back to work part time. I only work 10 hours a week, two 5 hour shifts. My mom has graciously offered to tend Brockston while I work and every other week Nate is home to watch him as well. So far it has been a pretty good arrangement. For one, by my going back to work I didn't have to pay back my insurance premiums. Second, it has been good for me to get out and interact with people. Third, I remembered I am actually pretty good at my job so I get a sense of accomplishment. I've been back for about a month now and am happy with my decision. Until today...

Brockston has been working on his mobility these days. I could tell he was getting close to rolling over yesterday. When I left for work today I told him he couldn't roll over until I got home. Did he listen you ask? Nope! He rolled over today and I missed it! I'm thinking about calling my manager and telling her I'm done!* He'll probably be crawling, walking and talking all in those 10 hours a week that I'm not at home! The worst thing about it is that I just missed it by like a half an hour! Luckily he was nice enough to do it again for me when I got home. He gracefully rolled from his back to his stomach and then back again! I can't believe our little guy is growing up and getting so big! We go to the doctor next week for his 4 month visit so I'll fill you in on his stats.


*I am sad I missed it; however, I do not intend on quitting my job. I do enjoy it and even though it's very little we can definitely use the money. I'm very excited for our little guy. It's so fun to see him discover his new world and learn how to use that little body of his.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That little Stinker! I'm sorry you missed it pal - you'll have to be a little more strict with him in the future! No more of these accomplishments while you're gone!

Ash said...

Hey, I've been there!!! Sorry! It totally sucks to miss those special moments! Hey, I'm sure that you'll be there for the next big milestone he's about to pass!!

Alyse said...

Happy Birthday Yesterday! I hope you had a great day! I can't believe how big Brockston is getting...so cute!