At one year Brockston weighs in at 19 lbs 13 oz (9%) and is 29" (23%). He is still a fairly small guy but is holding steady in his growth no major fluctuations up or down. I realized that I took him to the doctors in the same outfit at his 9 month visit.
For his birthday we did just a small gathering with my family and Nate's family. I'm not really one to go all out, especially with Brockston not feeling well. We just did cake and ice cream - well I guess it was technically cupcakes and Zeppe's Italian water ice. If you haven't had Zeppe's before and you're in the Layton or North Ogden area you should check it out - we like it a lot. I made 4 different kinds of cupcakes, Peanut Butter Cup, Oreo, Root beer and Pink Lemonade. Since Brockston likes the night life so much we didn't start his party until 9:00 pm. The perfect time for a one year old birthday party, don't you think? Actually, my family went to my grandfather's viewing so we got a late start - we decided not to reschedule and go ahead with the party anyways.
Brockston got lots of fun things and had fun with his cousins Tori and Hannah. They were both good at helping him with presents and the cake. I attempted to make his cake - a baseball (apparently those are my specialty - I made a baseball for Nate's birthday cake one year as well). Brockston wasn't super interested in eating the cake but he dug into it a little. I think he just wasn't feeling 100% plus he's really not one to dive into his food anyway. Except for a couple of little setbacks it was a great day. Brockston loves all of his toys and clothes and he's starting to feel much better. Happy Birthday B-Rock!
3 comments:
Wow! That's crazy! It looks like he had a fun birthday!
Great job on that baseball cake Wendee! You have skills. And Brockston is such an adorable little guy!
I was hoping to see the picture of you showing B-Rock how to eat his cake...:(
What an adorable kid!
Post a Comment