7.09.2008

Happy Birthday Nate!

Ok so this is a day late. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but Happy Birthday to my amazing husband! I really can't say enough about how lucky I am to have found such a great guy. We get along so well and I love spending as much time as I can with him. I hope that he had a good day yesterday because if any one deserves it, it's him.






I made my first attempt at a birthday cake. Don't look too closely because there are alot of flaws. It was my first experience with fondant. It actually turned out better than I thought. It's made out of marshmellows, which is a lot cheaper and tastes better than the other kind of fondant. I just googled marshmellow fondant for the recipe. Hopefully with some practice I'll get a little better.

Happy Birthday Babe!

7 comments:

The Stanger Fam said...

Hey Wendee - I found your blog through someone else's and I don't remember who know, but I just though you may like to keep up with what is going on with Jed & me. Our blog is private, so if you send me your email I can give you a blog invite so you can check it out! emilystanger@weber.edu

Lindsay said...

I for one, am impressed!

Anonymous said...

Dang! That looks amazing Wendee. I'm going to have to get tips from you for Matt's birthday!

Jennifer

Alyse said...

Wow that cake looks really good! I'll have to try marshmallow fondant...it looks just like the real thing!

The Johnsons said...

Well done, it looks amazing! You are quite the martha stewart!

Coby & Ash said...

I think your cake rocks Wend! I've finally joined the blogging world so maybe we can actually keep in touch! I miss you! I was thinking about hanging out at your house in the summer with your popcorn and ice water and watching "Pride and Prejudice"-- those were good times!

Oh and happy b-day Nate! I'm so glad my friend has found someone who makes her so happy!

Hollie said...

WEND-EEEE!! I LOVE YOUR CAKE!! It looks so good!! and the marshmallow fondant is FABULOUS-how did you think of it?? i have to do our cousins wedding cake at the end of Aug. and she wants fondant...so this will make it easier..you just helped me a TON:)
You got mad skills:)