7.06.2008

My How Time Flies!!

I cannot believe it has been over a month since I have posted. I think I get caught up in reading everyone else's blogs that I forget that people are probably curious about how we are doing. Well it has been a pretty full month but not a whole lot has happened of great significance. Work as usual has kept us busy. We've had a couple of nice weekends with family though.

A week ago we went up to Solitude with Nate's family and extended family and stayed in some condos. It was a very nice weekend and very relaxing. My weekend was almost ruined by jury duty, but luckily the case was settled and I didn't have to go in. No need to worry though my name gets put back in the random drawing so I may still get my chance! Thanks to the Buntings for a fun weekend! It was full of good food, games, swimming, and we even busted out some glow sticks. Who knew glow sticks could be so much fun?

Our 4th was too short. We went up to Paris, Idaho with my family to our property. I had to work until 6 pm on Thursday so we didn't get up there until super late. Nate and I both had to work on Saturday so we had to drive home on Friday night. It was lots of driving for only 24 hours. But it was fun. We just relaxed, played some games and even hit the parade in Paris. (Which was surprisingly bigger than we expected for such a small town - Hannah and Sylvia got quite the bag of candy.) On our drive home we went through Evanston, WY. We got to the outskirts of town at about quarter to 10 and from horizon to horizon all you could see were fireworks, tons of fireworks. I don't think they even do city fireworks. They just set off their own. As we drove through town there was a park that was packed with people and left and right they were just shooting fireworks off. It was unbelievable. I tried to get some pictures with my camera phone but the flash was not cooperating. I just thought that people went across the UT/ID border to get fireworks - but I'm pretty sure the town of Evanston pays a pretty penny for all of those fireworks.

I hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

actually your right...i have been pretty curious about you too:) sounds like your 4th was pretty busy!! im glad you posted, now i can sleep at night:)
ps. yes Evanston, WY is a popular place for them fireworks!!
well lady hope to hear from you soon:)

Lindsay said...

Dee, I too am glad you posted! I was starting to get a little bit concerned about you! Glad you are alive!