7.27.2008

The Morley Clan

Well the time has come to start expanding the Morley clan. No, none of Nate's siblings are getting married yet... I'm talking about our little Morley clan. Yes, that's right. We are pregnant! The baby is due January 10th. I am just about 17 weeks along. We don't know what we are having yet and our next doctor's appointment isn't until August 14th and then they will schedule the ultrasound. We are anxious to find out what "kind" of baby we are having. Although it's probably the best for our bank account that I don't know yet or I would be out shopping all of the time.

I have really been lucky and not gotten very sick. I've gotten stomach aches, and only thrown up once (knock on wood). I should be past that stage now. I'm just exhausted! I cannot get enough sleep. I go to bed early, sleep in when I can, and still need to take a nap! I've heard that it's ok to sleep as much as you can on the first one because you probably won't get that luxury later on so I am taking full advantage.

I know it's almost unheard of to wait so long to tell people. We just told our families last weekend and they are very excited. My sister-in-law Sylvia posted this on her blog about five minutes after we told them! :) It's been fun to having it as our little secret and our little inside joke. It has been seeming more real though now that we've been telling. I hope that no one is offended that we didn't call to tell you, but it's a little easier making one general announcement. Please forgive us!

11 comments:

Emily Judd said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! That is so exciting! You better post and tell us when you find out what it is! My guess is boy! :-) You are so lucky not to get super sick. And yes, sleep ALL you can. I still do this time around. I figure with each kid it will get harder. Baby Morley will be SO cute!

shellydinger said...

That is so exciting! We are so happy for you guys. It's kind of nice finding out late because now I don't have to wait as long to hear boy or girl. Winter is such an awesome time to have a baby - it makes spring so much better!

KT said...

Hooray! We are so excited for you. I am predicting now that you will go early just so baby Morley can be born on my birthday, Jan. 9. Congrats again, and remember, keep us updated!

Lindsay said...

DEE - CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you!

Cory said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

us said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome news. You will be wonderful parents. You are going to love every minute of it.

Hollie said...

WEndee...Way to go guys!! You got a bun in the oven, cook him or her well-haha!! Im super happy for you too!! Congrats!! im guessing your having a boy:) thats my guess!!

The Johnsons said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I am going to guess it is a little girl since everyone else thinks it will be a boy. I like to go against the odds! Plus then that cute rag quilt you made will be handy! Well keep us updated on what you are having when you know.YAY for you guys!!

Alyse said...

HOORAY! Congrats Wendee! I'm so excited for you to have a mini wendee lou! (if it's a girl of course)! I can't wait for you to find out what you are having! That's awesome that you haven't been too sick...good luck with everything!

The Stanger Fam said...

Congrats!!! It really is so exciting to become a mom. Your lucky you haven't gotten too sick, I bet you are past most of it and I agree with the others, get your sleep, can't wait to hear what you are having!

Coby & Ash said...

YAY Wendee! I'm sooooo excited for you! Seriously, that is AWESOME! We really need to get together so you can meet our little Mae and I can give you a hug because I'm sooo happy for you! You are going to be a great mom! Go TEAM MORLEY!