We had quite a stressful week leading up to his birth. The wind storm of the century (OK maybe not century but it was a pretty big wind storm for our neck of the woods) blew through our neighborhood and made a mess. We lost part of our fence and retaining wall. We were blessed that that was the only thing we lost. Many people lost shingles and siding and had huge trees fall over onto things. It was a mess. Our power was out from Thursday morning at 8 am until Sunday evening. Brockston and I spent most of that time at my parents house because it's pretty much impossible to entertain a 2 year old in a cold, powerless house.
I am grateful that he was late in coming because I couldn't even imagine having to bring a newborn baby home to a cold, powerless house! I was scheduled to be induced on Monday morning but my doctor called and asked if I wanted to come in on Sunday. I jumped at the chance. I was actually starting to go into labor early Sunday morning but they still gave me the pitocin to get things moving. They started me at about 8:15 am and he was born at 2:02 pm after only 15 minutes of pushing. A huge difference of my 12 hour labor with Brockston and 1 hour of pushing. It definitely helped with my recovery this time around.

Jamison, aka "Sweet Baby J" or "Baby J.J." or "Little Buddy" as Brockston likes to refer to him - is such a mellow baby! I love it. It is exactly what I need after having such a high strung kid like Brockston. Jamison rarely cries except when he's hungry or when he's tired and usually it's just a short cry and once his needs are met he's content to just hang out. What has been the hardest is keeping big brother happy and making sure he doesn't tear the house apart! It's definitely been a challenge with 2 but Jamison has made it such an easier transition than I imagined. Let's just hope it lasts!
Jamison, aka "Sweet Baby J" or "Baby J.J." or "Little Buddy" as Brockston likes to refer to him - is such a mellow baby! I love it. It is exactly what I need after having such a high strung kid like Brockston. Jamison rarely cries except when he's hungry or when he's tired and usually it's just a short cry and once his needs are met he's content to just hang out. What has been the hardest is keeping big brother happy and making sure he doesn't tear the house apart! It's definitely been a challenge with 2 but Jamison has made it such an easier transition than I imagined. Let's just hope it lasts!
6 comments:
Wendee your little dude is adorable! So sweet. What a stressful week you had! I can't believe you went 6 days overdue! I would have died!!!! Congrats.
he is just so cute Wendee! Congratulations!!!!
So cute! Congratulations. More pictures, more!
What a cute boy. Congratulations. I'm interested to see how two boys will be around our household as well. Glad the delivery went well.
Definitely fits in with the family. New babies are so much fun. It's even funner when they start to interact and talk to each other.
Congrats! That is so exciting!
Post a Comment