12.09.2007

Tag I'm it...

Man how time flies! I feel bad I haven't posted anything for a while. Alyse has "tagged" me so here are 6 things about me, some you may or may not know.



1. I am a licensed Nail Technician. One summer I took a class, learned how to do nails, took a test, and paid some money and now I have a license. I usually only do them sporadically when friends or family have a special occasion that they want their nails done for. However, I do have 2 "clients" that I do on a regular basis. Thanks Karen (sister) and Mom! Here's a picture of my very first set of nails. I like to think I've gotten better since. My favorite is to do acrylic toe nails. I have some fun colored acrylics that you do for the tip and they stay on a lot better than just nail polish. It think the best perk is that I am able to purchase supplies at the beauty supply stores - hair stuff included.










2. I keep buying ornaments for the Christmas tree. I swore that I wasn't going to buy any this year. We have enough and I'm satisfied with how our little tree has turned out. We have gone with a red and silver tree. The first year we were married we found these really fun silver glittery snow flakes. The next year I was out and about and found the exact same snow flakes in red! I was obligated to purchase them. Also that second year I found these fun silver curlicue ornaments. Well this year I was out shopping and found red ones! Once again I was obligated, even though I swore, I just couldn't pass them up. Here's how it's turned out so far. I guess it's a work in progress and may never be complete even when I swear that I won't buy any more ornaments!



3. I enjoy scrapbooking even though I don't think I have officially scrapbooked since we've gotten married and started working full time. I do make cards quite a bit. My new favorite toy is my Cricut machine. I love it! I even got Nate to help me make some Christmas tags for our presents. He admitted that he was a "Scrapbooking Virgin" but I'd have to say that the tags turned out pretty good. He must really love me if he will help me with scrapbooking. He caught on to the spirit of it though. He wanted to save the insides of the cutouts for other projects. Even though he talks sports all of the time he has a soft spot for scrapbooking in his heart. (He's reading over my shoulder threatening to erase this section...)





4. I hate driving in the snow. I know it's not something completely unique. But it's so bad that when I am able - I make Nate drive me to work and come pick me up. It's about a 25 minute drive each way. If he's not able to take me I steal his Jeep and drive it because I feel more comfortable driving with four wheel drive.


5. I am a country girl. I enjoy country music. My favorite group is SheDaisy. I enjoy their harmonies. My favorite part about Christmas is bringing out their Christmas CD. If you haven't heard it I highly recommend it. Also my favorite concert that I've ever been to was the Tim and Faith concert. I've actually been twice - once 7 years ago and once a year ago. They are both awesome performers.



6. I've been to Paris countless times. At least three times this last summer. I love Paris in the springtime. The weather is so beautiful. OK so it's Paris, Idaho not Paris, France. My family has some property there and hopefully someday soon a cabin. It is just 10 minutes north of Bear Lake. We have a lot of fun going up there and relaxing. It does usually include work too. We have been working to clear out dead wood, build a bridge across the river, and make it a better place for all of us to enjoy.

1 comment:

Alyse said...

Thanks for playing! I'm SOOOO jealous you have a cricut machine! I really thought you were talking about Paris, France for awhile there- you threw me!