11.27.2007

My Rant

So I finally said something to the annoying guy who sits behind us at the football games. His name is Scott. Scott is extremely LOUD (loud, because he has to hear himself talk over his his radio as his listens to the play by play - super annoying!!!) and NEGATIVE (even when the Cougars are winning, he thinks they should score 100 points every game and shut out the other team) and RUDE. Scott thinks he knows everything there is to know about football. He even thinks he should be the head coach - he said so himself. During halftime on Saturday he started yelling at the band and telling them to go sit down and go to their side of the field. This kid that sits in front of us turned around and told him to be quiet and that he was being annoying. Scott thought he was joking and started laughing - but the kid was pretty upset and told him he was serious and that he should shut up. Scott then mumbles under his breath "I bet he played in the band in high school." To which I turned and said "Dude, have some respect. Please!" That shut him up for about 5 minutes. His little comment was uncalled for.

As I replay the situation over and over in my mind I keep thinking of different things I could have/should have said. I should have added a few expletives. It's been 3 years worth of annoying Scott at the games that finally brought me to saying something. I understand that people go to games to yell and have a good time. I get that - but this guy is just plain rude and negative. I've had to hold Nate back from saying things to him before - but this time it was me who said something. I just wish I would have thought to say more.

The good news is that BYU won! Now I have a happy husband and it will be another year before we have to see Scott again. Hopefully he will get his tickets somewhere else so we don't have to sit in front of him next year.

3 comments:

shellydinger said...

Wendee good for you! We had a horrible guy like that behind us at a game and when one person finally said something to him the entire section spoke their mind. He fought back and was eventually escorted out (his choice - apparently he was a little nervous about how angry everyone was at him). So if you see Scott next year, I say lay down the law at game 1. Again, Good for you!

Emily Judd said...

go Wendee! I hate annoying football "fans". We always seemed to sit by one annoying person every year!

Alyse said...

Yes...the tag is just 6 things about you. Anything. Also, I would love to have you come out here. I'm pretty much just home all day...so anytime would be fabulous!