11.19.2007

My Plug for the Library...

So can I say how much I love the Public Library System? First off, it's free. Second, they have self checkout stations where you just scan your card, put in your PIN and then scan your books. It's great for those days when I don't feel like making small talk with strangers - which is most of the time. And you can renew your books online. Oh and did I mention it's free?


Plus, I'm liking the fact that they have DVDs that you can check out for a week. I've found that our main source of entertainment - TV Series' on DVD - is costing us a fortune. I've been checking out Grey's Anatomy which I'm liking a lot but I'm so glad I didn't spend $40 a season to watch it just one time.

Although there are some books and movies that I'm extremely glad we've purchased (ie: The Twilight series - which I intend to re-read several times and pass them along to all of my family to read and The Office - I don't think that will ever get old) - it's nice to read a book or watch a movie once and not feel guilty that it is sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

If you don't have a library card - I highly suggest you get one!

2 comments:

KT said...

I am so jealous. I too have a love for the library but we don't have one in Saratoga and it costs over a $100 to get a card for Lehi. I have to steal my brother-in-laws card for the Provo library if I want to go!-Katie

Emily Judd said...

wow! self checkout! That's the best. I hate making small talk with strangers as well!! I love libraries!!