3.01.2009

Quick Update

Sorry no posts in a while. Our lives pretty much consist of eating, sleeping, and changing diapers. Not much excitement. Brockston is getting bigger and changing every day. He is definitely more alert and gives good smiles for us. I haven't mastered the art of getting him to smile and hold still long enough to get a good picture - Nate and I need to double team him and we'll hopefully get a good picture soon. He is getting on more of a schedule and sleeping better at night. He still only goes about 3-4 hours between feedings so we're not sleeping the whole night, but improvement is being made!

I had my surgery this week to remove the ginormous ovarian cyst that they found. (See earlier post for explanation.) Everything went well and luckily they only had to remove the cyst and they were able to do it lapriscopic which meant I didn't have to stay overnight in the hospital. Unofficially I think that I lost about 10 lbs, but that's just on the bathroom scale that's not super accurate. I am down to my prepregnacy weight but that does not mean that I am back in shape by any means. I still have a ways to go! It is encouraging though. Thanks to my mom for taking care of Brockston for us. It was not easy being apart two nights, but it was good to get some sleep and let my body recover. Also thank heaven for pajama pants and maternity jeans because normal pants rub right on my incisions. I still have a little pain and it KILLS when I sneeze, but all in all we are doing well.

I promise I'll post more pictures soon, but the babe is getting hungry so I'd better run!

7 comments:

Emily Judd said...

so glad to hear that you are doing well!! I can't believe that cyst was 10 pounds!!! I can't imagine having surgery right after having a baby. you are a trooper! Cant wait to see pictures!

Emily said...

Wow Wendee, sounds like you and Nate have had an intense first few months of the year! I hope recovery continues to go well, and I bet your mom loves babysitting! Oh, and I agree: pregnancy pants are the best thing ever.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy,

We are so glad that your surgery went well. I totally understand the not much sleep thing. But right when you think you can't take it anymore ours started sleeping a liitle bit longer so hang in there.

KT said...

Congrats on making it through that craziness. We still need to come meet your little guy. Here is a hint for the sneezing, when you feel the urge, put a pillow on the incision and bend over. It saved me after my C-section. It works with sneezing, coughing and laughing. Good luck on your recovery!

Coby & Ash said...

Wend...I'm so glad everything is going good and all went well with your surgery! I still need to come up and meet that little man of yours! Get some new pics up ASAP--they change sooo fast! Miss you friend!

Katherine said...

Yay! Surgery over! I'm glad it well and that you're okay. And I'm glad Brockston is doing so well. I miss you! We need to come see you again soon!

Tami said...

Wow, two big things at once... first the baby and then your surgery. I'm glad you're doing well. Good luck with the rest of your recovery! Can't wait to see more pics of the baby!