

He's finally here!! Brockston Nathan Morley was born on Jan 15 at 12:03 am. He weighed 8 lbs 13 oz and was 20 inches long. He's pretty much the cutest little guy ever - well we think so. Everything went well with his delivery and he is healthy. We really couldn't have asked for more.
I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday morning. My blood pressure was a little bit high - which is something we've been watching closely through out my entire pregnancy. The doctor also looked at my paper work and realized the nurse had figured my due date wrong on my first visit and that it should have been the 7th and not the 10th. So he was already a week overdue! She decided that if we waited until the 20th like we had scheduled there would be more risks with preclampsia (plus I can't even imagine how big he would have been!) so she asked if we wanted to have the baby today or tomorrow. We said ok - so we headed up to the hospital. They officially started me at 12:30 pm and he came at 12:03 am. He just had to wait a few minutes so he could share his birthday with his aunt Maegan.
We are back at home and things are going well. I'm amazed at my body trying to heal itself and getting practically no sleep and yet I find I have plenty of energy to take care of my baby. This whole process has been what Nate calls a "creepy miracle". Indeed it is a miracle. We are so happy to have this sweet little spirit in our family. It'll be an adjustment and we are all learning. I hope that we can give Brockston a good home.
I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday morning. My blood pressure was a little bit high - which is something we've been watching closely through out my entire pregnancy. The doctor also looked at my paper work and realized the nurse had figured my due date wrong on my first visit and that it should have been the 7th and not the 10th. So he was already a week overdue! She decided that if we waited until the 20th like we had scheduled there would be more risks with preclampsia (plus I can't even imagine how big he would have been!) so she asked if we wanted to have the baby today or tomorrow. We said ok - so we headed up to the hospital. They officially started me at 12:30 pm and he came at 12:03 am. He just had to wait a few minutes so he could share his birthday with his aunt Maegan.
We are back at home and things are going well. I'm amazed at my body trying to heal itself and getting practically no sleep and yet I find I have plenty of energy to take care of my baby. This whole process has been what Nate calls a "creepy miracle". Indeed it is a miracle. We are so happy to have this sweet little spirit in our family. It'll be an adjustment and we are all learning. I hope that we can give Brockston a good home.
14 comments:
congratulations!! Brockston is adorable! What a cute name! I'm so glad everything went well and I hope that you are feeling okay and getting enough sleep!
Congrats! He is so cute. I'm glad you were finally able to have him. Good thing you didn't know his real due date before hand otherwise you might have been pregnant and miserable for a few more days longer. Glad you and baby are happy and healthy. Good luck w/ the whole sleep thing.
Congratulation. I am happy for your little family. Glad all went well and you are home and adjusting. Can't wait to see more pics.
Yay! I feel so lucky that we got to come see him! Very cute pictures, but I have to say, he is even cuter in real life (if that's possible)!!! Let me know if you need anything! Love you!!
Those pictures are beautiful! He looks like such a sweet little boy. I love his hands all curled up by his face. Enjoy the tiny baby stage - it goes faster than it should. (and I think his name is awesome!)
Hooray! I am so glad he is here! He looks absolutely perfect. Congratulations! Brockston is a very lucky guy to have you as his mom.
Congrats! I'm glad everything went well and he is finally here :)
Congrats Wendee and Nate. It is so exciting that your little man is here!! Let me know if you need anything
How exciting. I love the name Brockston, very cute!! I am glad everything went well. Isn't it the most amazing experience? It's also amazing how your body adjusts to well to lack of sleep. Well, hope to see lots of pictures to come.
Congrats Nate and Wendee! I am so excited for a little baby Morely, he is definately a cute one. Way to go!
Congrats sweet Wendee! Take lots, and lots of pictures! They grow so fast.
Wend...he is GORGEOUS!!! Isn't being a mom the greatest thing ever? It changes your whole life for the better! I'm so happy for your little family! Post LOTS of pics and I want to meet him next time I come up!
Congrats! He is so precious...what a sweet little guy! Good luck with everything & try to rest as much as possible! Hopefully he sleeps good for you at night! I'm so happy for you!
Wendee he is soo cute! Congrats! I'm so glad everything went well!
Post a Comment