11.14.2012

Antelope Island

As a family we made a list of things to do this summer that were around but that we hadn't done in a while or never done before. One of the first things we did was head out to Antelope Island.

I grew up extremely close to the Great Salt Lake my whole life, there's Hooper and west of that there's the lake. I had never been to the Great Salt Lake until this summer. Our YM/YW usually had an activity on Antelope Island every year but for some reason I never went. Nate had taken the Scouts there a couple of times but not me. So... we decided that it was time. We went out at dusk to watch the sunset which was really beautiful. It was cool enough that the bugs weren't too bad, but it was a pretty stinky drive out there. We went on a little "hike" out to a peninsula on the island on the lake. Brockston liked the idea of hiking at first and then he just wanted to be carried the whole time. We kept convincing him that he didn't need to be carried and we were just going a little farther. He ended up walking for most of the time.

It was a fun little adventure, but I don't know that I'm in a super big hurry to get out there again anytime soon.
Waiting for the sun to set


Some of the wild life we saw... Antelope and Bison in the same shot!

Stopping for a little rest and a drink from the camel bag

Daddy gave in and gave B a lift

Sunset

No comments: